Plan to visit Skyscrapercity Milan? Italy2love.com suggest you all the information you need to visit and enjoy the Porta Nuova District.
Milan is the most European city in Italy and the multitude of events of recent years, including of course the edition of Expo 2015, and the continuous architectural transformation of the city, is bringing the capital of Lombardy on a par with the great European capitals.
This is a fact and you could draw a route that gives the reference points for the tourist who wants to discover the sites that have changed the connotations of the city.
Skyscrapercity Milan History
Launched in 2009, the new district, which involved the area between Porta Garibaldi, the Isola district and the former railway station known as “delle Varesine”, has transformed the area into a new gathering place for the city and tourist destination now famous. Here you can see the permanent installation of the 23 “trumpets” of the artist Alberto Garutti who, connected from the underground levels to the surface, allow you to hear the sounds of the subsoil.
Porta Nuova District – Highlights
- Porta Nuova, the largest urban regeneration project in Europe in recent years
- 4 @ 1 Home, the innovative residences inspired by nautical interiors
- Piazza Gae Aulenti, famous for its artistic installations, water pools, play of lights and the Unicredit Tower, the tallest skyscraper in the city
- Solar Tree, the technological tree that illuminates the square thanks to sunlight, designed by Ross Lovegrove
- Feltrinelli RED, a space in which books are accompanied by an interesting range of restaurants
- Il Bosco Verticale, the luxurious residential complex designed by Stefano Boeri characterized by over 1,000 plants growing on the balconies
- Incubator for Art, an area dedicated to social and cultural networking and emerging craft enterprises
- Diamond Tower, the glass and steel skyscraper that has become an icon of the new Milan skyline
Skyscrapercity Milan Tour Guided
- Guided visit of the famous museum with an expert guide
- Save your precious time with this skip-the-line tour
- Admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: the statue of David
- Observe paintings of religious subjects by Florentine masters
- Visit with monolingual guide
- Earphones (only for groups with over 15 participants)
Piazzale Principessa Clotilde, 37, 20121 Milano MI, Italy
Piazza della Repubblica
What to Remember
- The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternate date for your booking.
- Saturday and Sunday at 10.00am and 3.00pm